Happiness if when your schoolmate and best friend comes home from out of town after years. After two years of waiting and hoping, my compadre has come back to Bangalore to spend a day with me. Naturally, this calls for something special.
Chocolate always makes me happy. And I MEAN always. But then, it makes EVERYONE happy, doesn’t it? Add a double whammy of dark and milk chocolate and I’m in cloud 9 already! To that, add just the perfect amount of peanut butter and I’m floating among angels!
Simran just happens to be the Chocolate to my Peanut Butter and there was no better way to show her I missed her.
The brownies are made with the peanut butter swirled over it in pwetty pwetty patterns and with the most decadent brownie crust.
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Makes an 8″ square pan
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 125 gms chocolate, chopped
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Prepare an 8″ square pan with parchment.
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter over a low flame and stir continuously.
- Once melted, set aside for about 3 minutes and then whip in the sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in one egg at a time until it’s well incorporated.
- Add the flour and stir well.
- Pour in the chocolate chips, mix well and pour into the pan.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the peanut butter for 30 seconds in the microwave and mix well.
- Pour it over the brownie batter carefully and use a knife to create swirly patterns by cutting through the mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes and cool completely before cutting.