Normally, when overripe bananas are lying useless at home, people make banana breads. For some reason I’ve never been successful with breads and I’m not ready to make an attempt quite yet.
So what can I do to use up these bananas?
Banana muffins are the perfect answer to this, especially the ones I’m sharing today. Blender muffins are my favorite. They take the least effort and give amazing results. All it takes is a few bananas along with a couple other ingredients thrown into a blender and then poured into muffin tins to bake.
Fun fact: Bananas are botanically berries. Yeap! They belong to the same family as strawberries and blueberries.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp water (1 flax egg)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup oats
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Prepare your flax egg and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven at 190°C and grease your muffin tins.
- Once your flax egg is ready, blend that along with the other ingredients in a blender and pour into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes before removing muffins from tin.
Note: Can be stored up to a week.